A - Functional Responsibility
Sales & Marketing:
- Ensure that the After sales Department achieves target objectives by on-going (period by period) examination of accounts (P&L), daily & weekly operating controls, system information, industry reports and public domain information and manufacturer’s composite figures (monthly).
- Ensure that corrective action is taken where adverse variations to target achievement occur or inadequate performance is suspected. Instigate actions and strategies to bring about necessary improvements
- A sound understanding of all Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) relating to the After sales business to ensure industry baselines are achieved and exceeded.
- Understanding of the impact to the business based on KPI results and the corrective course of action to be implemented.
- Ensure accurate parts, service and body shop work recording, job costing and invoicing in the After sales division.
- Ensure premises, tools, equipment and other business assets are controlled and used effectively to complete customer repairs within time expectations.
- Ensure all materials purchased are controlled and sold at a profit.
- Look to maintain a high turn over all stocks particularly with regard to those items that might become obsolete or superseded.
- Improve on the quality of the businesses commitment to customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention by reviewing and improving the facilities available, improving technical skills and maintaining high standards of quality workmanship as well as adopting best practices in customer handling and communication.
- Ensure that all staff are committed to the principles and ethics of the business and that these principles form the cornerstone of customer relations management.
- Ensure manufacturer CSI or CLP figures are achieved and exceeded
- Any other duties as and when required by the Division Manager that are reasonably within the capabilities of the person and are aimed at achieving the company’s objectives and goals.
B - Technical Responsibility
- Maintain close scrutiny of legislation, developments and events affecting the motor industry which will impact on future business opportunities or trading practices.
- Ensure technical knowledge of the team is keep up-to-date
- Ensure timely completion of manufacturer identified Field Service Actions
C - Financial Responsibility
Control of costs:
- Maintain an effective control of expenses in line with agreed objectives by regular examination and review of management accounts and comparisons with budgets.
- Minimize VOR, Emergency Order and other charges by careful and planned use of parts ordering facilities while avoiding any adverse impact on customer satisfaction.
- Examine (weekly) sales ledger information to ensure that all outstanding debts have been collected within due time periods set and that customer queries and concerns are responded to and resolved within agreed time frame of being raised.
- Ensure parts stock holding is controlled and obsolescence is avoided
- Ensure department profits meet or exceed industry baseline
- Set the After sales budget for each year and calculate the future growth and expansion/ capacity requirements
- To purchase parts within agreed target figures.
- To agree discounts within business policy.
- To purchase other products and services necessary to the effective functioning of the department within agreed spending limits.
- Authorized to purchase parts and consumables for resale, short-life tools and other After sales- related products and services for consumption.
- Authority to grant credit and amend or change terms of trading within limits set by the Group After Sales Manager and National Accountant.
D - HR Responsibility
- Manage and develop the after sales staff
- Ensure recording of daily workshop timekeeping and labor productivity records to monitor the effective use of technician and productive labor.
- Monitor hours attended and worked in order to achieve utilization targets.
- Establish and maintain a training needs analysis to provide satisfactory levels of knowledge, skill, job satisfaction and cost-effective development of key After sales personnel
- Recruitment and dismissal of all After sales staff in accordance with current Employment Legislation and subject to Group After sales Manager and Human Resources’ approval
- Technical, professional and engineering qualifications (Preferable)
- At least 5 years prior experience working as an After sales/Service/Parts Manager
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a team
- Demonstrable track record of developing and training staff.
- Skilfull and sensitive communication skills – for dealing with VIP customers and managing a team across cultures. Self-aware, patient and calm approach
- Experience of organizing clerical work, administration, control systems and financial resources of a parts and service operation.
- Relevant and up-to-date knowledge of vehicle design and manufacture, consumer and vehicle legislation, industry and trade practices.
- High standards of numeracy and literacy and strong communication skills.
- Technical knowledge and experience of the retail motor industry at a senior level.
- A strong command of English (Writing, Reading and Speaking)