- Internal: Design, Collection and Finance teams
- External: Suppliers
- Contribute to the overall tasks of R&D division, following assignment from the company’s Board of Managers and Head of Dept.
- Corporate with designing team to proceed needed activities from designs to sampling/ new product developments.
- Understand the performance of legacy designs and applies lessons learned for the future new development with the R&D and Production team.
- Analyze, experience, review and make suggestion regarding technical issues (technique, material).
- Find new suppliers, materials in order to support/ inspire the designing team for new ideas and new product development
- Study and make suggestion about feasibility and utility of new product developments
II. Major responsibilities
1. New Product development:
- Follow strictly the R&D process
- Study feasibility of new developments/ designs and get back to design team if any correction needed.
- Lead the new product development projects following the assignments from HOD
- Handle new development activities: designs analysis, product risk assessments, preventive and corrective action plan, create and control product specifications, etc
- Prepare and make samples + documents transfer to the factory once the R&D process has been done
- Make needed supports for production team especially for the 1st order after the new development process
2. Sourcing development:
- Research new suitable materials/ suppliers according to the new development plans
- Analyze and make supplier assessment according to the actual needs for new supplier developments
- Create and set quality standards with supplier and control.
- Ensure the production price is optimal
- Work closely with Sales team for new out-sourcing orders and follow up
- Follow the production process. Ensure delivery deadlines are met.
- Take care of contract drawing up and logistic
- Be in charge of delivering products to clients
- Be in charge of after- sales service
3. Other tasks as required by the managers
1. Diploma and experience required
- BA degree, majoring in Technical or Architecture/ Designing
- Be proficient in English
- Experience in design or related R&D activities is an advantage.
2. Skill required
- Understand new development processes, R&D basic
- Understand and perform with the factory/ production team for Risk assessment/ analysis and preventive/ corrective action plan
- Must be proficient in Auto Cad 2D, Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop. Able to use 3D Studio Max can be a plus
- Must be a teamwork player