Report: Marketing Director
Be an experienced leader who can demonstrate strong cross functional leadership to drive the development and implementation of the ceilings business plans and initiatives to 1) improve and grow market position and 2) profitability with the Ex Com, architectural, sales, and other key functions (technical support, manufacturing, supply chain, etc.)
- Responsible to develop ceilings strategy that cover customers’ insights, segmentation, value chain, market intelligence, price value and work closely with sales teams for activities deployment
- Identify new product / system / service opportunities from deep insight into market and operations.
- Use innovation process Stage Gate to develop the New Product Launch and innovation pipelines
- Develop Business Model for new products
- Post evaluation launch and the way forward actions from market feedback learning
- Develop clear pricing principles for product categories based on positioning and value.
- Understand pricing principles after rebate and promotional incentive.
- Understand product profitability at contribution
- Optimised the price to contribute to profitability
- Develop promotional programs to support channel penetration and tactical implementation.
- Monitor promotional initiatives and optimize it with ROI
- Fully cost and plan for promotional activity as part of the overall marketing budget
- Work closely with sales, marketing communications, and outside agencies to develop and launch effective communications for new products and product enhancements/changes.
- Propose and align with Channel Strategy to implement for the targeted product groups from a mix of 1st Tier distributor, 2nd Tier Sub-Dealer channels, direct to installation companies or developers / main contractors.
- Understand deeply value chain of relevant industries to ensure right product/system/service offers
- Implement proper POSM and merchandising at retaler
- Monitor financial performance and plan to improve profit performance(Volume, Pricing and Contribution)
- If required, develop CAPEX proposals for category
- Drive the continual reevaluation of the internal and external training needs for the success of the category in the market. The CM would be responsible to coordinate the necessary resources to fully own the training. This would include, but not be limited to product knowledge, and situational selling skills, gathering ceilings markets intel.
- Understand ceilings category dynamics, competition, end user/installer/dealer insights to identify and propose growth opportunities in order to achieve annual product plan
- Understand the value chain map to support channel penetration.
- Understand the metrics of identified segments – size / growth / competitive intensity to identify key user groups, influencers and decision makers, identify their behavior and habits, including problems and key business drivers
- Identify key competitors and substitute products, services and systems portfolio, propositions, and strategies and predict likely future trend and user behaviors.
- Manage the market intelligence information for the business, including long-term market forecasting and using external economic indicators.